Let me paint you a picture: Monday morning - I woke up, hacking up a lung. I couldn't breathe and I was SO tired. Not ten minutes after I stopped coughing, Hermana Wright promptly threw up in the trashcan next to my bed. Awesome. Not ten minutes after that, Hermana Hood pokes her head in our door and tells us Hermana Oakerlund is really really sick (she has a blood issue that causes her to be really dizzy and kind of see the world upside down). Awesome. Then we head to breakfast and NONE of our elders are there. Huh, weird. Hermana Oakerlund was unable to go to class, but the trio felt okay, so we did. Elder Randall and Elder Reed weren't there, so we asked the zone leaders where they were. Elder Randall has diabetes, and his blood glucose level was at a 28....... normal is 100. So literally, he almost died. Luckily another elder in our zone, Elder Housely, also has diabetes and knew exactly what to do for him. So at lunch, Hermana Oakerlund comes in in a wheelchair, followed by Elder Randall in a wheelchair because both are too weak and dizzy to walk. So there's me on crutches, and those two in wheelchairs, my other companion is sick, and our district is just like.... UM WHAT? You really should have seen our teachers faces when we got to class...... Priceless. Needless to say we got some pretty hilarious pictures with our very broken district. In essence, it was a pretty rough start to our week.... Not to mention my companion dropping a burrito on my favorite skirt. I died laughing but my skirt was in rough shape.
PERO. It doesn't stop. Oh no, miracles are real. Okay. I went to the doctor on Wednesday. For those of you who are unaware, I had a tibial plateau fracture right before I entered the CCM and have been on crutches ever since. I got it playing kickball, and I can tell you I heard it crack... Super nasty. I saw the MRI, saw the white little bone with the little line showing me where the break was. I was told that if I put weight on it, the bone could do something like slip off and cause some huge damage (I'm no doctor so don't quote me, but that's what they said). Anyway, when I got here, I got a CT. Because I'm a missionary and they don't have an Orthepedic on call here, I had to go outside the CCM to get it. Because of that, I never heard back from the Orthepedic. I just heard back from the family doctor here. He told me yep, CT shows that you have a tibial plateau fracture and probably will need to be on crutches for 12 weeks. I was terrified because I wasn't sure if they were going to send me home to recover or if I would be able to stay here for an extra six weeks. Either way, it wasn't a super bright picture and I was slightly worried about it. I think that's enough back story. So, we go to the real orthepedic again. I knew that he would tell me if I would be able to leave or not when I was supposed to, so I was a little nervous, but I knew it would work out because it ALWAYS does. So, he comes in, sits down, and says "So, the CT shows no sign of a tibial plateau fracture. I think you just hyperextended your knee a little, and maybe got a bone bruise. So, really, whenever you feel ready, toss those crutches and start walking!" I was stunned. Still am, actually. I came out of that office BEAMING. Crutches at the CCM is not an easy experience folks. Most people get off them in less than 24 hours because they're just so inconvinient and hard. But en serio? I got a better brace because my leg is super weak, but I've been walking and even running a little more. I've never been happier to carry my own lunch tray and my books with me. I've never been so grateful for everything. It truly was a miracle. Because of that, I can go on my mission in a week and a half. I get to go serve the people exactly on time. Honestly, the Lord qualifies the called. I always thought that was just spiritually, but I know without a doubt that it's physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Sorry for the novel, but I wanted to share it with you all. Miracles are real. They honestly happen every day if we just look for them. Thanks for all your support and Love!
So I leave on Wednesday, the 27, for North Carolina. If y'all have any advice for the mission field or anything else, please let me know! I need all the help I can get!
The Gospel is true. Heavenly Father loves His children and He will help them. Things ALWAYS work out. Always. There is no such thing as coincidences. Look for the good and everything will be okay.
...... And Loving It.
Hermana Belliston







