June
9, 2018
Hola
familia y amigos,
This
week was actually super boring so there won't be a lot in here.
Funny
story (at least I think it's pretty funny).
We were playing charades in class one day, trying to figure out how to
use present progressive tense correctly in Spanish. My companion gets up and hers is
"attending church" or "asistiendo la iglesia." Anyway, she hops up and pretends to get the
sacrament and pray, so my team of course thinks that it's partaking of the
sacrament. However, she jumps up and
shakes her head, and points directly to Sabado, Saturday, on our calendar at
the front of the class. My team is then
very confused, but I whip around and say "It's attending church!" our
zone leaders look at me like I'm super dumb because she's clearly pointing to
Sabado, but then I say "She doesn't know the difference between Saturday
and Sunday in Spanish!' the whole class burst out laughing and I say
"Asistiendo la iglesia!" and we got it right. Oh man my whole district lost it. I'm hoping I didn't offend her too much but
she's a good sport and just laughed and said she knew it was true. Side note: she now knows the difference
between Sabado y Domingo.
Also,
tender mercies are real. We got
Chick-Fil-A for dinner on Monday.
Hermana Hood was literally in tears, and the rest of my district was so
pumped about it. The food here really
isn't terrible, but it's nothing to be desired ;)
This
week was filled with awesome things. On
Sunday Sheri Dew came and spoke to us.
What a lady. She talked
about coincidences and how they don't
exist. She also talked a ton about
President Nelson leading the way with missionary work. As a companionship we've been listening to
ALL of his talks and they are incredible.
Would recommend. On Tuesday Elder
Gong came and spoke. I had the
opportunity to meet him a couple months ago which was incredible, and it was
super cool to see him again. Every time
an apostle comes into the gym, the whole MTC just hushes. We got over 500 missionaries this last week,
so we were packed and it was a little noisy, but the instant an Apostle of the
Lord walked in the room, it goes dead silent except for the choir singing. I LOVE it.
Elder Gong spoke on quite a few things, but one of them that stood out
to me was that every nation, kindred, tongue, and people starts with one person
at a time. Missionary work is the most
personal work out there. I know there
are people in North Carolina that I can help specifically. They've been prepared for me. One person at a time, poco a poco, paso a
paso. The Gospel is the greatest
thing. There are so many incredible
blessings that come from this work.
Christ is the reason I am on a mission, and love is the motivation to
stay on the mission. Love for Christ,
love for the people. It's not hard to
love someone when you have felt Christ's love for them.
This
Gospel is the most amazing thing on the planet.
I hope you all have a great week!!
...and
loving it!


