Sunday, June 17, 2018

Lo Siento Por Mi Spanglish


Saturday, May 26, 2018
Familia y Amigos,

First off, MTC computors are really rough, so dont judge my grammar and my spelling too hard... This computor doesnt have any letters on it and all the keys are messed up so I have no idea where the apostrophy is... Lo siento.

This week was fantastic!! I learned a ton about a ton.  For those of you who dont know, we actually get to teach real investigators here in the CCM.  People actually come into the CCM to get taught.  Our investigator right now, Andrea, doesnt speak a lick of English.  Im glad the Spirit is real and can testify the things that I cant.  

Story:
So, Ive had to go to lots of doctors appointments because of my knee, so we got to go outside the CCM.  Yes, we were basically acting like tourists in downtown Provo porque we took pictures and vlogged our day.... It was almost sad.  But also super hilarious.  Anyway, we went in for a CT scan (because the orthepedic surgeon saw something on an xray that he didnt like about my knee), and when we came out, this old lady greeted us and asked us about our missions and stuff.  She then said, 'my grandson is in the MTC, and my companions were like oh, cool.  Whats his name? and she said Elder Rogers and we lost it.  Yes, there are TONS of Elder Rogers in the CCM, but ya never know, right? anyway, we asked her what his first name was and she said Gavin!!! Gavin Rogers is a missionary not only in our zone, but in our district!!! Hes super great and we all love him so much.  We about died and we had to take so many pictures with her and when we got back to the CCM, we told Elder Rogers and we didnt believe us at all but then we showed him the pictures and he just stared. It was awesome.  He jokingly told us one time that if we saw his family to say hi (he lives in Provo) and we jokingly responded that we would, but it actually happened!! totally made my life.

We had a Zone Testimony Meeting on Thursday and it was amazing.  One girl stood up and promptly said, I have a testimony of Satans reality.  And I couldnt agree more with her.  Me and my companions have had a really really tough week.  Hermana Wright and I have been SO sick, and my leg has been hurting, and Hermana Hunter is homesick beyond belief.  Satan knows that if he can get us now, we wouldnt be out disturbing his kingdom, like Joseph Smith said.  To be a disturber and an annoyer of Satans kingdom is one of my hopes for my mission.  This week has had so many ups and downs, but there is ALWAYS good in everyday.  My companions and I sometimes just start laughing super super hard.  Its awesome.  

There are so many good things in everyday.  There is so much to be thankful for! I love the gospel more than I can begin to describe, and I know that love will continue to grow.  I love you all and pray for you every day!!! 

Hermana Belliston