Monday, October 21, 2019

Intentionally Trying


Hola y'all,

Cool story.  We've been having a hard time finding new people to teach. It's been a really long time since we've found someone new, and Hna Smith kept feeling like we ought to go see a lady named Francisca , but our week was already packed, so she prayed about a specific time we should go see her.  The next morning, she got up and said, "we need to see Francisca at 4pm." Okay, so that's what we did.  One of the coolest moments.  We drive up, and Jose (Francisca's husband) and his friend were sitting outside just chatting.  We parked the car, and not 10 seconds later, Francisca pulls up in her car with her son.  Prayer is real.  We had a lesson with them, though it was nothing phenomenal.  Heavenly Father answers prayers in very specific ways sometimes :)

Right after we saw Francisca, we were knocking some doors round about, and an old guy called us over.  We talked with him for a couple minutes, then he looks at me and goes, "Excuse me ma'am, are you pregnant?" I was pretty taken aback, but I said, "no, I'm not." "Oh okay.  It's good to have meat on your bones!" It was a pretty sneaky way of telling me I was fat.... haha but I just about died laughing.  Good ol' Dennis.

This is Fam Vargas from Guatemala.  She cleans Steph Curry's dad's house, so that's awesome ;)

Yesterday night we got home and were making some dinner.  Sister Halverson and Sister Johnson were home, just chilling in their room.  All of a sudden Sister Johnson shrieks (I have never heard someone yell louder) and both Hna Smith and I run in to see what on earth is going on. Giving them a little credit, it was the largest cockroach I've ever seen.  It was on their wall and they were trying to get it outside by trapping it with a cup. I just died laughing as I watched them try to catch it.  Good news - eventually they did and now it's outside.

Anyway, the highlight of the week was the primary program.  WOW, I love kids!  Cindhy's son Carlos David and his friend Nilmar both participated, and it was the best thing ever.  They sang with huge smiles on their faces and gave great parts about baptism.  I think the highlight for me was when little Mia got up very first and said "Soy una hija de Dios," and got down.  She's 3 and said something that a lot of 80 year olds don't know.  I loved it.  I couldn't really understand anything the kids said, but it was so great and I loved it.

This is Nilmar and Carlos David, my homies.  They both looked so sharp in their white 
shirts and bowties, and they both were pretty proud that they looked like members ;) 

I have been rereading a lot of the conference talks from this past conference.  I particularly liked Elder Uchtdorf's talk.  At one point he said "Discipleship is not about doing things perfectly; it's about doing things intentionally.  God knows you are not perfect, that you will fail sometimes.  God loves you no less when you struggle than when you triumph." I love that.  I am certainly not perfect and I take a lot of comfort knowing that as long as I'm trying, Heavenly Father accepts that.  I know that Heavenly Father always loves us and wants us to be happy.  He makes everything work out, even if we don't see it that way.  

Life is good.

....and loving it
Hermana Belliston