Hola y'all,
Life in the NCCM is great :) we had some pretty great experiences which I'm excited for you to hear about.
Firstly, on Tuesday morning, we got a text from Daisy Cruz, a member, asking us to translate a paper her son had received at school. Sometimes it's really awkward to translate suspension notices to a really feisty Hispanic woman. Long story short, her son got in a fight at school and got suspended for 2 days. So we told her and she just sent us a sad face emoji. Ha, but then later that day, we saw her at the church, and she pulls us aside and says "I've told him over and over that he cant get in fights at school. I even told him about Joseph in the bible when he ran away from the Pharaoh's wife. I just tell him to run like Joseph!" I don't know why we thought that it was so funny, but we died. Just run like Joseph!
Another good time was when we three got in a discussion about the Celestial kingdom. I was sitting in the back seat, just letting Hna Dibble and Smith talk. They were asking if we could have music and dance and go to concerts and drive in the Celestial Kingtom. Bueno, I have no idea and I don't think anyone has bothered to ask the Lord. Hna Dibble said, "ya know, I just love living. Being alive is such a good time!" I agree. Being alive is such a great time, but I can't imagine the Celestial Kingdom is all that shabby....
But, for the news of the week, Cindhy and her son, Carlos David, are on date for October 26th!! Its been a ride with them. We've taught her since May, and it's about time she gets baptized! We had a great lesson with her and the stage was set just right. We talked about commandments and how we have to follow them to receive blessings. Now, last time we asked her to set a date, she got scared and said she'd already been baptized and didn't think it was necessary and that she didn't want to. So, wow, we backed off and didn't ask her again. Well anyway, we had this lesson and just asked her again. She got quiet for a minute, then said, "ya know what? I've been thinking about it for the past couple weeks. It just keeps coming back. I know it's something we need to do and Carlos and I want to do. I don't know enough yet, but I think I'm ready." Wow. It was amazing. We all were holding our breaths, but then we set the date and started talking again. She said, "You came into our lives at the perfect moment. There aren't coincidences. We came to this country, all alone. We had no one. I was so lonely and I didn't know what to do. But now, we don't feel lonely anymore. Ya no los sentimos solos." That was such a big testimony builder to me. I never want anyone to feel alone and I'm so glad that Cindhy has found her place.
NASCAR! It was fun to go around on the track and learn about all the car things.
I don't actually remember anything, except that it's really expensive to do anything there.
Hna Macias. Probably one of my favorite humans on the face of the planet.
I love her to death.
And the Raleigh temple open house is going on, and Pedro went with his wife!
He got baptized back in May and was so excited about it :)
Missions are awesome! Love it here :)
...and loving it
Hermana Belliston







