The reason for the subject line was something that happened this week. This lady we taught for about 7 months has been on my mind lately, and so finally I said something to Hna Smith. "I just keep thinking about her and it's getting obnoxious so I guess we better go." She agreed and we went on Friday. The gal opened the door and got this huge grin on her face. She asked us where we'd been and why we hadn't been so see her for awhile. We had a great lesson with her. She explained she usually isn't home on Friday, but today she decided to take a break and just stay home! It was awesome. Anyway, we got back in the car and I just died laughing because I can be so hardheaded sometimes and just completely ignore the impressions I get. Sister Smith turns to me and goes "yeah, so that thing that was bothering you was the Spirit." HAHA - it's really humbling when your trainee trains you ;)
But this week was seriously awesome. Such a good week. The highlight of my week was visiting Cindhy. We're still working to get her back on date, but she's still as solid as ever. She told us that someone wrote to her and told her she had sold her son to our church. She looked annoyed as she said that it didn't bother her, but that it was frustrating because she knows how she feels, and wishes everyone else could feel it as well. One of Cindhy's favorite things about the church is that if she has a question, we tell her to ask Heavenly Father about it. Anyway, we kept talking with her, and we got into a discussion about the Spirit. Out of the blue, she looks at us and says "se que tienen el espiritu, porque si no, no estuvieran aqui." I know you have the Spirit, because if you didn't, you wouldn't be here. Wow. That struck me hard. It gave me a lot of happiness because I know she's learned to discern the Spirit for herself and how he speaks to her. And it was a good reminder that I do have the Spirit! Not only would I not be at Cindhy's if I didn't have the Spirit, I wouldn't be on a mission without it. These people teach me more than I'll ever teach them.
We also went on exchanges in Piedmont again and, wow, it was a blast and a half. We had such a good time! The first day I went with Sister Dibble. OH MY. I love her and have missed her!She's an amazing missionary who has changed my life. The next day I went with Hna Bucknum who is also an incredible missionary. I was able to see Hna Giron from the branch and she is amazing as well. She bore her testimony and told us her conversion story. If I can be half the woman she is, I'll be content.
We also went to Greensboro on exchanges with Hna Dibble and her new
companion, Hna Bucknum. On the night of Halloween, we set up Christmas!
This week we had a great companionship study. I was telling Hna Smith about how during my prayer that morning, Heavenly Father helped me see some things that I needed to change. Hna Smith asked me how I knew it was Him and not just me. I thought about it, and then realized something. It was such an epiphany. I said, "Well, I know it's Heavenly Father because He's a lot nicer to me than I am. If it had been me telling me what I need to improve on, it would have been a lot more harsh." Hmmm. That is so absolutely true. Often, we are a lot harder on ourselves than Heavenly Father wants us to be. He wants us to be happy. We make ourselves miserable by seeing all the endless things we have to change and do better, and Heavenly Father can help us see the things we do right and quietly correct the mistakes we make. I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows exactly how to help us improve and grow.
....and loving it
Hermana Belliston
It was a good week for taking pictures;)
We went ice skating with the Hna Cruz and her wonderful family.
I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. It was a blast and a half!
I took Hna Smith to the most magical Mexican restaurant, El Taco Veloz.
It was amazing! She even liked the food ;)











