Monday, August 26, 2019

Hot...Cold...Hurricane?


Hola y'all,

Well, so last week we were boiling in 100 degrees, 100% humidity, and now we're down in the 60's with rain and a slight chance of hurricane.  It's a blast and a half.  I could live where it rains every day and be completely content. 

This week was good! There was a lot of lightning and thunder and rain and so much fun.  We got to teach a lot of kids this week, which was so good.  They know so much about the Gospel and it's so great to teach them. Truly, if we could be more like them, the world would be a much better place.

Yesterday was awesome because 10 of our people made it to church! Sara and her four boys walked in and sat next to us in the front.  It was hilarious. All of Sacrament Meeting, Joseph, the 11 year old, was falling asleep.  He hit his head on the pew 5 times before he got up to walk around to wake himself up.  Bless him.  But then Cindhy, Carlos David and his friend that we're teaching, and Marleni came to our ward.  They loved it and all made friends with each other and I love them.  They're the best ever.  Then Darwin came to the English ward afterward.  It's so fun to watch them come to church and begin to understand the importance of the Sacrament and why we make such a big deal about it. 

We also got transfer news and Hna Dibble and I are staying again! haha But this time we get a trainee! Her name is Sister Smith and we will be picking her up Thursday.  We are so excited.  Wahoo! 

Happy super late birthday, Sister Dibble! (literally 4 months later)

I'm not sure how to spell such a fancy car but we saw it in Uptown.

So, that's about it for this week.  Just as a thought, I was on exchanges with Sister Johnson this week and we were talking about the three degrees of glory.  She explained to me that the people in the Celestial Kingdom live a certain way while they're on earth.  They say, "God's Will, God's Way."  The way the people in the Terrestrial Kingdom live on the earth is, "God's Will, My Way."  The ones in the Telestial Kingdom live is, "MY Will, My Way."  I love that because it's easy to see if we are doing what we need to be doing.  It's a lot easier to turn our lives over to the Lord because He's perfect and has everything under control.

Exchanges with Sister Johnson!

Hey, I love y'all!

...and loving it
Hermana Belliston