Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Hot Week

Hola Y'all,

The weeks just seem to get more hot and super humid.  HOPEFULLY, we have a hurricane soon ;) Pray for that.

Not a lot happened this week but Darwin is officially on date for the 14 of September! He is amazing.  We had a lesson with him a couple weeks ago and he had read up to Mosiah 15 and yesterday, he was in 3 Nefi 25! He's awesome and we're so excited for him.  We found him knocking doors a very long time ago, and it's been a rough patch for the guy, but he's ready and willing to do it all.  I love him!

I know the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real.  Having Someone who understands us perfectly makes all the difference.  I was talking with someone about the uniqueness of a mission.  No one will ever know about my mission the way I know it! It's the same with everything in life! No one really quite gets the way we feel, think, and why we act the way we do, but Christ does.  He knows exactly what we need and how He can help us the best.  He loves helping us and only wants us to reach out to Him.  I read a quote from the Continuous Atonement a few days ago about forgiveness and I loved it.  It states:
"But that same Jesus who forgives those who know not what they do also stands ready to forgive those of us who know exactly what we do and just cant seem to stop."  My word, we make the same mistakes over and over and He just always picks us back up and asks us to try again.  I think after so much falling down and getting back up, we get pretty frustrated and then can't seem to forgive ourselves.  About that, another quote says, "We struggle so much to forgive ourselves that we wrongly assume God must be having the same struggle."  We have to know that once we've repented fully, partaken of the Sacrament, we are clean.  100%.  No matter how many times we've messed up or 'gone too far,' the final outcome of our repentance is 100% clean.  Christ does that through His Atonement and, wow!, am I grateful for that.  The Atonement  of Jesus Christ changes lives that seem wrecked beyond compare.  It's real. 

...and loving it
Hermana Belliston