Hello to some of my favorite people,
My word sometimes weeks are really chock full of miracles and I don't really know what to do.
Update on Sara and fam: we went over to their house to have a lesson, and as we were leaving, I asked if they'd read the Book of Mormon. Sara was kinda sheepish and said no, so we asked the boys. Henry has read a little of the kids Book of Mormon, and Roberto as well. We got to Edgar and he paused and said, "Hmm, I don't remember the name, but this prophet gets rejected in this city, but an angel tells him to go back and another guy invites him into his house and then they do missionary work." Ummmmm so Alma and Amulek? "Oh yeah, those guys." My word. That 14 year old boy has read half of the Book of Mormon in 1 week. I love him. We were completely blown away, but now we understand why on earth they have such good questions. My word it was awesome.
BUT story of the week. One of them. We were sitting in church yesterday, and we were both pretty blue because no one was there! We've had people at church for the past 6 weeks, and this week no one was there. We were pretty bummed, needless to say. The last speaker was about halfway through his talk when the back doors of the Chapel opened and in walks Sara, Edgar, Henry, and Joseph in a line. She walked right to the front and sat down on the front row. Hna Dibble and I just died. It was the most magical feeling I've felt for so long! It was the best feeling to see these people that we've been working with really hard this week walk in and finally make it! Oh man, it made my heart so happy.
But, it gets better. Sara and her kids loved church. After church, she was chatting with one of the members of the stake, and he was telling her that the missionaries and the church would change her life. She kept nodding and finally said "I know. It's going to be very difficult because my husband wants nothing to do with it. It will be so hard. But, when I am a member in a month, it'll be worth it." Oh my laws. I love that lady.
BUT it doesn't stop there. So, Darwin. Idk if you remember him. He had a baptismal date a while back, but he never got permission to get work off so we told him we'd wait and see if his boss would loosen up. He never did, but we figured out that he could come to an English ward because it starts later in the day. That was a blessing. So we asked him if he wanted to come to the last ward and he agreed so fast. Watching Darwin come through those doors was such an amazing experience. We've worked with him since February and he is incredible. He loved church (even though it was in English) and he is going to get baptized probably before the month is out. I love prepared people.
So anyway, this week was incredible. We have some amazing people we get to work with and we're so excited to see them get ready for baptism. Heavenly Father truly prepares people for us and makes our lives so much easier! He loves to bless us.
Something I've noticed within the past couple weeks is that when things seem to be going well, a lot of other things start falling apart. That happens. It's hard. I hope y'all know that missions are SO hard. Such a trail of my faith. But it really is so worth it. It's such a blessing and I love it, even and maybe especially, when it's difficult.
Tostadas de tingas: they are magical. Hna Dibble and I made our first successful
batch this week. I'll make them for ya when I'm home. Thank me later
Agua de sandia: I'll make this too! Its just watermelon water and sugar,
but its divine. Taste of heaven truly.
We went on a hike!! It's literally a rock that sticks out of the ground that people hike and
call it a mountain, but when you get to the top you can see for years and years. Its gorgeous.
...and loving it
Hermana Belliston




