Hola y'all!!
Feliz año nuevo!!!! Wow. Time flies y'all. Last year I didn't even know I was going to be in the best mission ever, and here I am, eating tamales and preaching repentance. Good news!!
All of us crazies in this kind of dark, blurry picture are me,
Sister Jackman, Sister Tebbs, Sister Koerner
Did I have rice, meat, salad, a baked potato, and tamales for Christmas dinner?
Yes. And it was divine.
Anyway, highlight of the week was definitely talking with my family! Wow. I just love them.
Christmas Eve was so awesome. We made gingerbread houses and then when we got home, we put all our mattresses in the living room and took a ton of pictures and had a good time. Then our wonderful zone leaders dropped off a huge package for us. Wow. It was awesome. So great.
Then Christmas was sooo fun!! We opened presents and listened to all the great Christmas music. Then we went and spent the day with our members. It was so fun! We ate a bunch of really yummy food and played some fun games. Our members are the greatest. Also, the day after Christmas was 60 degrees. #blessed.
This Christmas I was able to focus on Christ and I have never felt so much joy. He truly is the reason for everything, not just the season! I believe in Him and know He is our Savior. I'm going to try to give something to Him every month this year. It's such a small thing, but something I can do to show my gratitude to Him :)
We still see miracles and are able to find a lot of people who are willing to listen to the message of the restored gospel. Being a missionary is great :) I would LOVE to tell you more about my Lamanites. They are incredible and here is a short rundown:
Santos Barrantes: part member family. He comes to church, participates in Sunday school, knows all the members, watches/reads general conference talks, and just doesn't want to get baptized. Well, he needs to get baptized, he's just afraid of sinning after being baptized. He is so great though.
Lizzy Ferrer: she also wants to get baptized and has a testimony of the Book of Mormon, but she's very busy with things of the world. She manages several stores across NC, just doesn't have time to apply gospel principles.
Elsy: lives in SC, and is very timid. She has wonderful questions about the gospel and restoration. She is very elect, just needs to come to church.
There are a few others, but they aren't progressing as much. I will try to keep you more updated!
All those little Chicas are from Dalia's house (she's in the middle).
She is our relief society president and is incredible.
...and loving it
Hermana Belliston







