Monday, December 3, 2018

Herman Blessin'some

Hola y'all :)

How is the Christmas prep going? I LOVE Christmas.  Its aboutta be the best ever! We have a Christmas countdown that we are doing as an apartment and it's great. Everyone here loves talking about Jesus and wants to light the world with us. It's the greatest ever. Bienvandias al sur 😊

Well, the reason for the subject line is that we talked to this Jamaican this week who kept calling me "Sister Blessin'some."  I think I want to change my name ;) he was so cool and just reminded us to pray and thank God every day when you get out of bed. Amen!

So, we showed up to teach a lesson, and the family was
having a birthday party. It was so fun! Also,
I didn't catch that they said the cake was mocha
until after I'd eaten a little bit of it... but I didn't finish it!! 🤫

Not a ton happened this week. We traveled to South Carolina to do a booth and we talked to a bunch of Columbians. They are literally my favorite people ever.

We had a ward talent show this week which was a blast. I was reminded how Hispanics cant sing all too well and it was the greatest. Hermana Koerner and I danced. She did some modern stuff and I pulled out my rusty Irish.  It was so fun!

Other than that, we did a zone service project in the pouring rain which was good. We kind of looked like drowned rats afterward, but it was good! With light the world, we are really trying to involve other people from other religions to join us. So far it's been awesome. We have some good plans to do some caroling and help out at some homeless shelters. Light the world is such a great opportunity to serve!! I hope yall can make time to participate this year.

Zone service project - picking up trash at a VERY clean park...

Sister Jackman and I. She's in my apartment and she's awesome. 
Well. I sure love yall :) hope you have a great week :)

...and loving it
Hermana Belliston