Hola y'all
 |
A phenomenal object lesson featuring our District Leader
and his companion, and my lovely companion.
|
So, we're sitting in District Council, and Elder Stump pipes up and says "Greensboro is directly in the path of Hurricane Michael!" Hermana Coleman and I look at each other like, what? I thought well, it can't be that bad because no one has said anything, no billboards have been showing the weather, all the gas stations still have gas, and the bread aisle at Wal-Mart still exists. Well, we wake up the next day, and we get a text telling all missionaries to stay inside. Grounded. Again. Hermana Coleman almost threw her tablet she was so mad. I just wanted to find out why because it was barely sprinkling... But then it started to pick up and it POURED! I have never seen so much rain and wind. It was very exciting. We lost power for about 16 hours so a lot of our food in the fridge and freezer went bad, but other than that, we were good. The next day it was bright and sunny, and not a cloud in the sky. Sometimes North Carolina weather is even weirder than Logan weather. After the Hurricane, it's been very fresco outside, and you can definitely smell fall in the air. It's beautiful, as always :)
 |
| How we felt being stuck inside all day without luz. Very flattering, I know. |
 |
When our power went out, we had a light up cactus
from Hermana Coleman's mom, and some candles left
from some Catholics who must have lived here before us..
|
Yesterday I had the privilege of meeting Paulino, a friend of Familia Gaspar. He is incredible. He is from Mexico and he told us he loves the peace he feels inside the Gaspar's home. We are so excited to begin teaching him how he can find the same peace in his life.
Honestly folks, I'm the most blessed person. These people truly are a chosen people. They are all so humble and willing to give you everything they have. Many of our members went to help clean up Wilmington, the spot that got nailed by the Hurricane, even though they really can't speak English or understand a bunch. I just love these people.
I hope y'all are starting to reread the conference talks. There are so many promises and blessings that they promised us! We are so blessed to know that we have a living prophet who leads us.
Well, I love y'all a ton. I hope you have a great week!
...and loving it
Hermana Belliston