Hola y'all,
At this very moment I am eating homemade tacos... we made the tortillas with our tortilla press, Hermana Coleman made the Pico with cebolla, tomate, y cilantro. WOW. Then I made some pretty good chicken and we put avocado on the side. After a squirt of lime and a few drops of hot sauce, I think I tasted a bit of Hispanic heaven. Wow.
![]() |
| Yes, this is the taco. It was divine. |
So life is basically phenomenal! Haha I really do love every day. It's very different with Hermana Coleman but we always get so much done and we always have a ton of fun!! She is a great example to me and I'm learning a ton from her.
![]() |
Hermana Coleman sharing the gospel with every
nation, kindred, tongue and people...
|
![]() |
They call Hermana Coleman "Mexican Mama."
Last week we found over 10 different kinds of Ramen
at WalMart. #livingthelife
|
![]() |
Hermana Coleman's mom sent a huge package full of Hispanic stuff,
so of course we had to put literally every thing on top of Hermana Coleman.
Everyday here in Piedmont is hilarious :)
|
Just a couple stories from this week. We were out in the gold mine of Hispanics (trailer parks) and we heard some party music, so we migrated toward it. There were a bunch of people just dancing and celebrating something. A random teenager asked us if we wanted some food and we always do, so he got us plates of pork and rice and beans. Very delicious. We asked him what the big fiesta was about and he said "oh, my sister got baptized today." Oh. How nice. He pointed to a tiny little girl and said "that's her. She just turned two." We said "so your parents are pretty religious?" He responded "oh heck no, they just went today. Sometimes they go on Christmas." That struck me as very funny at the moment: two missionaries in the middle of a baptismal party for a two year old.... technically we had a baptism this week!! jaja But then I was thinking about it, and I am so grateful for the respect and attention we give to the sacred ordinance of baptism. I was also reminded that it's very special that the eight-year-olds who are baptized can choose to be baptized and can remember that very special day for the rest of their lives. What an amazing blessing!!
Other than that, the week was pretty slow and uneventful. I was so grateful we could watch General Conference though!! So many great changes and so many inspired talks! I loved the talk by Elder Uchtdorf about Believing, Loving, and Doing. It is a perfect formula for discipleship. I think in the next few years we are going to see a lot of changes in the world, but if we are truly devoted and consecrated disciples, we won't need to fear, but we will be able to be a light to the world.
![]() |
Dinner, watching the sunset on top of a 9 story parking garage.
I haven't seen over the tops of the trees for 4 months!! It was so nice to see the world
|
Well I love you all! I hope you know that I know the church is true and that I love it. President Nelson is truly a prophet called of God and it is such a privilege to listen to his words. I know that if we apply the things he talked about in our lives, not only will we have a more abundant life, but through our combined efforts, We will see the nation's of the earth be opened to hear the gospel, just as he promised.
Have a great week!!
...and loving it
Hermana Belliston




