K, the best thing about training a new missionary is that everything is so new and different and hilarious to them. For example:
We were teaching Cindhy this week. Her lesson went a little long so we were already 20 minutes late to our dinner appointment, but then she offered us tres leches cake so we couldn't decline! We sat down and then Cindhy asks if we'd like orange juice, too. Hna Smith is still working on understanding the people, so she readily agrees and Hna Dibble and I die laughing. Hna Smith hates orange juice, but she didn't know that's what Cindhy had said. So Cindhy brings out a big glass of orange juice and Hna Smith's eyes got big, but she smiled and said thanks. But it gets better. We start eating the cake, and I look down and see mold on my strawberry. I look in the middle of my cake and yep, more mold. Hmmm, I thought. I ate it and chugged some orange juice. We all finished the cake and left. As soon as we got out the door, Hna Dibble and I burst out laughing. Hna Smith had no idea she'd just eaten moldy cake and almost died when we told her. It was sooooo funny. Pobrecita. Surprisingly, we eat things like that all the time. I still haven't got food poisoning though, so.....
Dinner at Hna Macias house. Background on Hna Macias.... she gives all the misioneras princess names because she cant say our last names. So I'm Cinderella, Hna Dibble is Ana Ferris (not a princess) and Hna Smith is actually real life Elsa we decided. So we all got pictures with her daughter Karlita. And then she fed us these tacos. Okay folks. I literally touched the tip of my tongue on the meat and my whole mouth exploded. My lips when numb and I thought I wasn't going to make it. That's what happens when you cut up 7 jalapeƱo peppers and put them in a stir fry.
Aside from that, the tacos were divine.
This week went well :) Lots of teaching and studying. It's so great to be in a trio. We just laugh all day. Our ward was so relieved to finally see a new face and to get to feed someone new! They actually think Hna Dibble and I are members of the ward :p It's possible that we are. Man I love these people :)
Sometimes we do a lot of shopping on Pday...
So we had a downer week on Sacrament attendance... only our sweet Natalia came. But there will be more next week! We have planned Darwin's baptism for this weekend, and Natalia and Camila for the first week in October.
We did a booth for the temple! It was so fun!
I don't know if I sent our labor day brunch picture last week....
but we had brunch with Josh at Waffle House .
Hna Powell came to say hi and we got a generational picture!!
I love being a missionary. I learn so much every day. We had a mission conference call with President Adler and he encouraged us to teach our people about faith and hope. We have some people who are beginning to doubt the truth of our message. I was thinking it's much better to help people realize how much faith they have rather than point out that they are doubting. Christ always pointed out the faith. I know as we cheerfully do all that we can, we can watch miracles happen. What a joyful thing the Gospel is.
...and loving it
Hermana Belliston






