Saturday, July 13, 2019

"It's a Bummer God Blessed America"

Subject line once again due to Hna Dibble. We had a blast celebrating the 4th though! It was so fun! We had lunch with Cindy and her son, Carlos David, and their uncle, Enrique. It was soooo fun. She taught us how to make tortillas de Honduras which was a blast and a half, even if we didn't do it very well.  We had a really yummy carne asada and then 20 minutes later went to dinner at the Reginos with a lot of members.  Needless to say, I'm still full.  But totally worth it.  We had such a good time.  After that we were able to go to the Boardwalk (a place with a ton of stores and fun things to do) and talked to a ton of people.  My word I love my mission.





This week was actually the best thing that's ever happened.  I loved it.  I went on exchanges with the Kannapolis sisters, which was so fun.  We went contacting in a park and for that got to ride a carousel and a train for free.  It was such a blast.  Everyone was so nice and so great.  I loved it. 



GET THIS.  Seven people showed up to church!! I cannot tell you or describe the joy I felt.  We got a member to bring Cindy, Carlos David and Enrique, and they came in beaming and sooo excited.  Then Edwin came with his grandma. We kept looking around for Denisse and Junior, but I didn't see them. After the sacrament, Junior sent us a text  - where are sitting? Then Denisse, him, her cousin, and her daughter came and sat down next to us. Seriously folks, I've never been happier. Wow. They came and seemed to like it. Hna Dibble and I didn't know how to handle so many people there. It was the best problem I've ever had. Wow have I ever mentioned how much I love these people? It's a lot. After church, we had 2 people come to a big ward family home evening. Our ward was so happy to have met so many people and they all wanted to help us out. It was the best ever.

HAHA funny story of the week:  we ate dinner with Hna Macias.  She's nuts.  We noticed that her daughter's hair was a lot lighter than usual, so we asked her about it.  She talked and talked and talked about this magic cure, and turns out all you have to do is spray your hair with hydrogen peroxide and leave it then do it again and it dyes your hair a lighter color.  Hna Dibble commented that it looked really good and Hna Macias whips out a bottle from behind her and begins to spray her hair!! Hahaha I died laughing when she made Hna Dibble take out her hair so she could do it.  It was so funny! good news though, Hna Dibble still has hair, it's just a lot lighter than usual.


We had the best game of soccer on Saturday.  Basically all our people came and we had a blast.  President Adler came as well and a bunch of members.  It was so good.  We took a picture with Carlos David and he's basically my favorite person ever. 


Anyway. So that was my week. I hope y'all had one as good as mine.

The Gospel is the best thing ever. I love seeing people let the Atonement touch them and change them. We are working with a couple real life Lamanites, and they have decided to let go and let Christ change their lives.  Its amazing to watch and I'm so glad Heavenly Father has given me this opportunity to watch.

...and loving it
Hermana Belliston