My word, it's been a week.
So I don't know if you recall Pedro, our person who is getting baptized on Saturday? we had a lesson with him on Tuesday, and lo and behold, he didn't know that we don't believe in the Trinity.... Folks he's getting baptized on Saturday and he thinks the Trinity is a thing!..... This is why English missionaries really should not teach people who speak Spanish.... But we cleared it up and he's good now. He came to a baptism on Saturday and we were able to teach him about the plan of salvation afterward. The Spirit was SO strong and he loved it. He says his ultimate goal is the temple and he is so excited to be sealed to his family for time and all eternity. It was so sweet. Wow! I love him.
Darwin is good. On Thursday, he texts us out of the blue asking if we could have a lesson. I love it when our people ask to have lessons with us. Of course we can! But he didn't have a ride.... so he said, "tell me where to meet you, and I'll use my brother's bike to come." What investigator do you know that will hop on a bike in 100 degree weather and 85% humidity just to have a lesson?? It was so sweet and really increased my testimony that there are people out here, waiting and ready to receive the Gospel. He still hasn't been able to come to church, but we are praying and fasting that he can this next week. He is amazing and the best person I know.
We were able to have a Spanish conference this week. Highlight of that is that our ward got to provide the real authentic Hispanic food which was a game changer for sure. It was amazing, and President Adler loved it! During the meeting, President promised us that no matter where we go or what we do in our lives, because we've had the opportunity to serve the Lamanite people, we will always love them till the end of our days and we will always know that they are a blessed people. It was such a strong promise and I know it's true. I have such a deep love for these people and I know they are a chosen people. They will love you until the end of your days if you gain their trust. They are so special to me and I love them so much.
Me, Sister Dibble, Sister Boone,Sister Johnson, and Sister Wessling
after a long day of exchanges.
Sister Jackman! She goes home in four days. I lived with her for 2 transfers
and she is amazing. Look for her at BYU ;)
Noemi Caudillo got her mission call to Salt Lake City Spanish speaking!!
I am about to feed her all the day long.
Our district: Elder and Sister Mattson, Sister Workman and Sister Taniguchi, and us!! We love it!
We helped one of our members, Keyling, move, and she has 2 super cute kids,
Ashley and Carlitos. They are so great.
Sad thing of the week, Tanya moved to Connecticut! We will still try to stay in contact with her, but we shall see what happens.
Anyway, today is Sister Dibble's birthday, so look for pictures of us playing mini golf with President Adler, who also has a birthday today :)
I sure love y'all. Being a missionary is the greatest thing ever. OH - we also got transfer news, and looks like Sister Dibble will be in Charlotte for at least a year, and I'll be staying with her ;) 4 transfers and counting ;)
...and loving it
Hermana Belliston





