Hello y'all,
Sorry in advance. It'll be a very long email because it was an amazing week. Truly.
Highlight of the week was having Elder Bowen from the Seventy here at our Zone Conferences. He is an amazing teacher and trainer. He helped us all see our potential by teaching us about the House of Israel, the Abrahamic Covenant, and the Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood. He explained our lineage and purpose and it was just so easy to understand and such a great talk. He also gave us 6 steps to being a successful missionary and I can now say that my mission has been changed. Flipped 180 degrees. Its awesome.
1) Obedience. He told us arising at 6:30 is so important because it brings in the spirit and sets the mood for the rest of the day.
2) plan for 30 minutes every day
3) Testify to 30 people daily. This is so good. We were able to do that yesterday and it felt so good and productive.
4) teach 30 lessons weekly
5) Urgency
6) quiet dignity.
I feel like these are all things we can apply in our lives! it makes missionary work such a joy and so much fun. I love being a missionary.
Zone conference with Elder Bowen
Elder Bowen came and inspected our apartment and put a blessing on it.
He looked at us dead in the eye and, referring to the challenge he gave us
at zone conference to testifty to 30 people daily, he said, "You have to do this.
If you don't no one will. We are counting on you to do it." Wow. So we'll do it.
Great story of the week: we were teaching Cindy and her son, Carlos David, and a man who is renting a room in her house came out and sat in the kitchen as we taught the Plan of Salvation. I honestly forgot he was there until we got up to leave and he intercepted us. He told us he'd listened to the whole thing and really wanted to learn more and have a Book of Mormon. WOW. You never know who you'll touch until it's been done sometimes!
The week was so good. We went up to Greensboro and I was able to see some of my best friends. I love them so much. Life is good. The church is true.
Exchanges with Hna Bucknum and dinner with Rosa Maria
The Vazques - Gladys and Fernando in Greensboro.
Polpo... the reason why you need to be fluent in Spanish is so that you are aware
that polpo doesn't mean pulp.. it means octopus. Long story short,
I learned that polpo means octopus this week and it was nasty.
I've been studying faith and charity this week and it has been so good. They go hand in hand and I'm so grateful we have the example of our Savior to follow. I know that as we strive our best to help those around us and serve them, that our charity and ability to love them will increase.
I love this work.
...and loving it
Hermana Belliston




