Thursday, May 9, 2019

What a Week!

Hola Y'all,

My word heather, this week was insanity.  Thank heaven for P-days ;)

This week.  Wow.  So, to start off the week, we had dinner with the Nataren's (T, he served in Macon, Georgia, like 15 years ago, but still cool anyway).  He is from Honduras and does Spanish rap with a Brazilian guy named Gleyson.  Hno Nataren's wife is from Brazil as well, so they do Portuguese and Spanish rap all together.  Anyway, Gleyson is this awesome guy - tattoos and piercings and the whole nine yards and genuinely one of the nicest people I've met.  We had a mini lesson where we spoke in Spanish and the rest of them spoke Portuguese.  It was intense.  But also SUPER awesome.  Gleyson wanted a book of Mormon so we brought them one in Portuguese and he's been reading it.  He's so great and we hope to begin teaching him more this week.

Tuesday was MLC.  It was so great.  I always learn all the things I should be doing better.  We learned how to teach and correct like the Savior did.  Sister Adler showed us the difference between when the Savior corrected the Woman caught in adultery and the cleansing of the temple.  It was very interesting and easy to see what we need to be doing better.
After MLC, President Adler stood up and just said "All Spanish missionaries.  My office.  Now." Ok so when a German says that it kind of makes you melt a little.  But we went in.  It was just Sister Dibble and I, Elder Rencher and Sister Jackman.  Elder Rencher is a zone leader in Gastonia, and he's Spanish speaking, but his companion isn't.  He takes care of all the Spanish elders, and UPDATE: we take care of all the Spanish sisters.  We didn't know that.  So now we go on exchanges with the hermanas in Piedmont!!! Woot! We went this weekend and it was awesome.  So, that's fun! Spanish Zone is a real thing now, we just didn't know about it until President told us.

So yeah, after that, we went on exchanges with YSA sisters on Wednesday night to Thursday night, then drove to Greensboro Thursday night and stayed until Saturday morning.  It was SO great.  I got to go with my trainer, Sister Powell, and see some of the members and knock some of the classic trailer parks up in Burlington.  It was awesome.  I loved it a ton :) I got to see Juan and Tanya again which was so good.  They've been struggling recently and they needed a little extra help so I was happy to be there.


Hna Powell and I, back with Juan and Tanya!!

With the Piedmont sisters and Spanish elders, we went and did a booth at an 11 acre flea market.  It was actually Mexico.  People were yelling and waving their goods and holding chickens and live crabs and all the things.  Literally, it was Mexico.  It was the best thing ever and I loved it.  We just walked around, talking to people about the Book of Mormon and giving them pictures.  It was so great. 

When we finally got back to Charlotte, we played futbol with President Adler and the assistants.  It was such a good week, just absolutely crazy!

Hna Powell and I saw this church sign when driving to an appointment and thought it was funny....
 until we turned around and it was in Spanish and was 10000% better 
(just because everything is better in Spanish)


I've been learning so many things.  I love my mission and can't believe I'm almost at a year.  It actually makes me sick.  But it's the best thing ever.  I love talking with the people and helping them come closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I've begun to really take hold of the fact that I have the unique opportunity to be called as a representative of Jesus Christ.  Hna Dibble and I have been bold in inviting people to come unto Jesus by coming to church and being baptized.  Being a missionary is the best thing that's ever happened to me :)

Love y'all a lot.

....and loving it
Hermana Belliston