Thursday, May 30, 2019

Si la pregunta es si creo, si creo

From May 13, 2019

Hola y'all,

First of all, the subject line.  "If the question is if I believe, yes, I believe" (it sounds 10000000% better in Spanish).  We knocked on this lady's door (Mirna) and at first she wasn't very pleased to see us and asked how long we needed to stay.  We promised her just 5 minutes.  She was kind of huffy and leaned against the door, and said "Digame." Tell me.  Oh boy.  So we started telling her about the apostasy and Joseph Smith.  Hna Dibble began reciting the first vision, and Mirna's whole countenance changed.  Her whole face softened and you could tell she was envisioning the account for herself.  We paused after reciting it, and she asked if she could share an experience with us.  She began bearing a very powerful testimony of how she knows that those experiences happen because she had a similar one.  At the end, before we could say anything, she said "si la pregunta es si creo, si, creo." Wow.  It was such a powerful testimony to me that The Restoration is the way to show people the power of the Holy Ghost and remind them of the things they already know.  And now we're teaching her. It was amazing.

Second of all, Feliz Dia de las Madres to all the wonderful mothers out there! Y'all are the greatest and I love you a ton.  Elder Holland said "To all of our mothers everywhere, past, present, or future, I say, 'Thank you. Thank you for giving birth, for shaping souls, for forming character, and for demonstrating the pure love of Christ.' To Mother Eve, to Sarah, Rebekah, and Rachel, to Mary of Nazareth, and to a Mother in Heaven, I say, 'Thank you for your crucial role in fulfilling the purposes of eternity.' To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle — and all will — I say, 'Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are. In fact, you are saviors on Mount Zion, and like the Master you follow, your love ‘never faileth.’" He always puts it better than I can.  I look at all the mothers here and all the wonderful people I've known in my life that have been like mothers to me and I just say thank you for everything.  It is such a special experience to be able to learn from you and your experience.  I'm really grateful for 6 older sisters and sisters in law for showing me how to mother the very important children Heavenly Father entrusts to them.  Y'all are the greatest.
Exchanges with Sister Walburger - she is serving in Kannapolis right 
now and is from Arizona.  She just got out on her mission and is super cute!


Hna Taniguchi - our exchange was SO soggy.  It was intense.  It poured sheets and sheets of rain.  
Basically you could drown just standing up.  I love North Carolina. 

Not a ton happened this week.  Just lots of missionary work. Gleyson (our Brasilian Rapper friend) and Francisco came to church!!!!! Woot.  I think it's probably the first time on my mission I've had 2 people at church.... It was awesome.  We had a lesson with Francisco and Hno Rivera.  Hno Rivera was late because he got out of work late and didn't have time to go home and change or wash his hands.  He came in his bright yellow construction shirt and big old work boots, and his hands were still caked with cement.  He and Francisco bonded because they both are super hard workers and understand each other. It was wonderful to see.  I love them. 
Dominican dumplings - no it isn't worms and yes,
 I'll make it for youwhen I get home.  Its SO delicious.
Well, I hope y'all have  a great week.  Life is so good :) Allergies are super real.  Our garden is still growing  :) Life is awesome. 

....and loving it
Hermana Belliston