Thursday, May 30, 2019

1 YEAR?????

From May 20, 2019

Hey y'all,

So this week I hit one year as a missionary!!! My word, heather, time is flying by.  I hate this.  But on the bright side I love being a missionary and am loving the 90 degree weather.  Here's a good way to know how I feel: run your dishwasher for about 10 minutes then stick your face in it.  It's 100 percent accurate of how it feels to walk outside.

Sister Jackman and I on exchanges.  She is one boss of a missionary.

Happy Day!

Josefina - one of our recent converts.  She's SO funny!

So, miracle of the week: DARWIN IS ON DATE. Who's Darwin? Yeah, he's from Guatemala and is amazing.  We taught him about the Plan of Salvation and he told us right off the bat that he wants to go to the Celestial Kingdom.  Of course we told him the only way to get there is by baptism.  We kind of ended on that note, but yesterday he texted us and asked if we could have a lesson (please tell me where that ever happens).  We said of course and we met at the church for a lesson with one of our members.  We started reading 2 Nefi 31:13 and he had questions about the Baptism of Fire.  We explained it and it all seemed to click in his brain.  The really awesome thing about him is that he gets it.  You don't have to explain it a lot. He just understands.  So then he began explaining how he wants to follow the Savior, so we invited him to be baptized on June 8th.  He accepted, but then it was so cute! He began to say that he wasn't sure about the schedule because he might have to work or he might have a meeting etc., etc., etc.  So we thought he was going to push it off to a different Saturday, but then he says,  "I'll make sure to have from 12-4 off for sure, so I can get baptized." Oh.  Well, okay, if that's what you're thinking.  It was awesome.  Then he prayed and asked for strength and guidance.  He works every Sunday and needs Heavenly Father's help to come to church, so he asked Heavenly Father to help prepare a way for him to go to church.  it was really sweet and such a good experience.  #miracles.

Anyway, so that was the biggest miracle this week.  I was so grateful.

In my studies this week, I read a talk and wanted to share a quote from it with y'all.  It's from James E Faust from October 1999.  He is talking about how Jesus Christ magnifies our efforts, no matter how small or pathetic they may be. “In our lives, unpolished though we may be, it is the Master who surrounds us and whispers in our ear, time and time again, ‘Don’t quit. Keep playing.’ And as we do, He augments and supplements until a work of amazing beauty is created. He is right there with all of us, telling us over and over, ‘Keep playing.’”

He will help us out, just as long as we are actually playing ;)

I sure love y'all.  being a missionary is the best and I really hope y'all get to experience it or have already experienced it.  It's the best thing you could ever do.

Sure love y'all,

...and loving it
Hermana Belliston