Tuesday, September 11, 2018

What a Week!

Hola y'all!
This week was bien raro.  Super weird.  But good, as usual!

This is Kudzoo. It's everywhere and is killing all the trees.  
On the bright side it makes everything super green!

On Tuesday we were biking up in Kernersville, and I was in change of the phone/directions and everything.  I totally missed the turn (in my defense, the street didn't have a sign), and we ended up biking an extra mile before I caught it.  So we got a lot of exercise that day :)

Oh yeah... So ya know how you shouldn't text and drive? 
Well, turns out you shouldn't bike and use google maps at the same time either.  Rip!
 It's our area phone too.... But we'll be getting a new one on Tuesday so that's good!

We were biking and I read this as "Perfect Exhaustion" and thought 
"yep, that's how I feel - Perfect Exhaustion

We also had exchanges this week which is always super good.  Not much happened though.  It's always great to get a different perspective and learn from the leaders though.  Sister Jessop is incredible and I've learned a bunch from her since being out! The Sister Training Leaders are over the YSA branch here, so we were able to go to Institute Wednesday night which was great.  We were talking about Parables, and Brother Anderson (the maestro) had a quote from CS Lewis that I love.  Dice "If we insist on keep Hell (or even earth) we shall not see heaven: if we accept Heaven we shall not be able to retain even the smallest and most intimate souvenirs of Hell."  Well snap Mr. Lewis! It reminded me of King Lamoni's father, saying he'd give up all his sins to know the Savior.  If we're honest, we all know we have our favorite sins - rationalization, envy, laziness etc etc.  But, according to Mr. Lewis, we can't keep even the smallest souvenirs of Hell.  Wow.  I miss institute, so it was great to go back and remember what I'd learned from it :)

Exchanges with Sister Jessop!

Okay, here's some weird stories for you! We went to Thomasville this week, and no one answered.  Literally no one.  Thomasville is not a super great part of our area, and it just seems like it's close to being a ghost town.  We have one family there that we want to teach, but they never answer anymore, even though they have in the past! So, we wrote them a note and called it good.  Well, that night, we got a call from them... at 12:45 AM.  Um what.  Hermana Powell was tired enough that she almost answered it, but I was conscious enough to tell her to go back to sleep and not worry about it.  Then we called them and they still haven't answered.  Some people are loco, my friends.

Then we went to visit a lady named Chachi.  We met Chachi awhile ago because I liked her garden and we knocked on her door to ask her about it and amazingly she spoke Spanish.  It was great.  Anyway, we went back and this time we met the "Senor y la Senorita de la casa."  Chachi is about 75, as is Chao, the Senor of the house.  We both just assumed that Chao was her husband but no, he was her husband but now is married to the Senorita of the house, a lady about 20 years younger than him.  It's just the wackiest thing because Chachi lives with them still and they all get along fine!!! It's weird.  But they listened very intently to the Restoration and seemed grateful that we brought the Spirit in.  Some people are just a little crazy :) I love it.

Well, that's about it for this week.  Not much going on over here.  We're hoping to find more people that we can teach and come in contact with.  I absolutely love being a missionary! It's so amazing to be able to see the changes that come over people in a relatively short period of time.  The Gospel is true!!!! Love y'all :)

More NC sunsets... I really can't get enough of them!
....and loving it
Hermana Belliston