Hola Y'all!
So Hurricanes. Great things. Scare the living tar out of people then decide not to come. Haha so we didn't know about it until Monday, so we went to the store to get water, and there was none.... Then we went to get gas, and the line was wrapped clear around the parking lot.... Lines for checking out of stores wrapped around isles and out the door. It was NUTS! People kind of lost their minds a little bit... But we finally found some water and we got some food to hold us over in case the power went out. So then we waited. We did normal missionary things on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, then we had Zone Conference (with four zones because of the hurricane) on Thursday. At the end, President Adler asked all of us to go home and stay home for the rest of the day. The next morning we got a text that we were grounded until further notice. So. I've never been grounded in my life, and the first time I get grounded is on my mission?? Que weird. Friday was so frustrating because there was a little bit of wind, and a little sprinkle of rain around 3 PM. Then nothing for the rest of the day. Literally nothing. Donde estas, Florence? Then we were grounded Saturday as well. We waited and waited for the storm. We called and texted our members and the people we're teaching, but everyone kind of went into lockdown mode. Finally on Saturday night we got a little rain, but nothing I haven't seen yet. Sunday we were allowed to go to church, but lots of meetings got canceled and we only had Sacrament Meeting. Que Wow. Then we were grounded again after that. oooooohhhhhh boy it was a long day. Finally, around 4 PM, we got some real rain. It poured and poured until we went to bed. Today it's fine. Muggy, but there are blue skies to be seen.

We're finally allowed to go out and proselyte, just in time for P-Day! Haha it was weird. Needless to say we got lots of studying done and made a bunch of plans. Hopefully we'll get to do some service when we find out where the damage is. There is one area of our mission, and it's part of our area, that had considerable flooding, so hopefully we'll be able to go down there and help a little.
 |
| Virginia!! |
So, besides that, we had a good week! On Tuesday we went up to Virginia!! Yes folks, it's part of my gigantic area. It was really fun actually. We received a Book of Mormon referral from up there, so we went to deliver it. Strangely, the lady who "ordered" it, told us she hadn't and wasn't interested.... That hurts. Especially when we have limited miles. But we decided to go see some other potentials we have in that area. We made our first stop at Marisol's trailer. We weren't sure which trailer was hers, so we parked and started walking, praying for inspiration. A car drove past and parked in the driveway in front of a trailer. Hermana Powell asked if I thought that could be her, and I had no idea, so we went to go ask her. I just asked her if her name was Marisol and she said yes!!! I mean what??? Inspiration is real. Companions are great. So we talked with her and get this - she's read the Book of Mormon twice and her girls are currently reading it!!! Wow! This is amazing. Spanish missionaries never get up to Virginia because it's SO far, but she is so ready! Hopefully we'll have more on her next week. On the way back, we stopped in a little town called Reidsville to see if we could find some people that previous missionaries taught. We knocked on the door we thought was theirs, but no one answered. There was this yellow trailer across the road, so I decided to knock on that one just because. A teenager opened the door. I asked if he knew the people that lived in the trailer we just knock and he said yes, that was his uncle. Oh, so you must be Daniel? we asked. YEP! We found them and they invited us in and we talked with them and shared a message!! Woot!! pasa Milagros. Missions are the best.
 |
| Back to Home Base! |
Zone Conference was, as always, amazing. I absolutely love my mission president and his wife. They talked about being focused on the Savior and teaching His message from the bottom of our hearts. They are truly inspired people. President Adler also spoke on deciding. Sometimes we make things so much more complicated than they need to be. All we really have to do is decide. He pointed out that we teach people about Lehi's dream. When we've taught them, they come to the point where they get to decide to either take hold of the rod and continue on, or go away and be with the people in the great and spacious building. All the missionaries were there, nodding in agreement. Yes, that is what we teach. Many people choose the great and spacious because it's easier and more fun. But then President Adler said "And each one of you get to make the same decision, every day of your life." We're all at this crossroads. We can choose to continue holding onto the rod and pressing forward, or we can give up everlasting joy for worldly fun. What an inspired man. He encouraged us to let the Savior put His hand on top of ours as we hold to the rod. The Savior will guide us and make the way easier for us. Just make the decision and let Him help you. Over and over President Adler says to us "I want you to grow up. I want you to change." I think that's what Heavenly Father wants for each of us. He wants us to grow up unto Him and change our lives according to His will. I absolutely love this Gospel. It truly is the Good News! I hope everyone decides to partake of the fruit of the tree of life and really experience joy in their lives :)

HAHA! I about died when I saw this thing. We were looking for a former, and I looked up
just as I was about to knock and about jumped out of my skin. It MOVED! and kept moving.
So we decided to move too. We did leave a Plan of Salvation pamphlet on their doorstep though....
I promise we're good missionaries!!
Kind of squished my trainer.... but this is a generation pic!! My half grandma, Sister Roundy,
and my mom, Hermana Powell
Love you all so much!! Thank you for all you do for me and all your support! Y'all are the greatest!
....and Loving it!
Hermana Belliston