Monday, August 20, 2018

Vivimos en una manera feliz

Hola Y'all!

This week seemed to go by pretty fast! I'm now entering my next 6 weeks of training, and I will say I'm excited! Life is so great.  Being a missionary is the best :)

I hit three months this week apparently... time flies when you're spreading joy! We celebrated by making banana pudding.  Seriously the best food on the face of the planet.  I will make some for y'all when I come home, no se preocupe.  

Hermana Guiral is the primary president, and after church yesterday, I was just plunking around on the piano, and she comes flying in "Hermanita!!! Por favor puede tocar el piano el domingo proximo??!" She was ecstatic that I "know" how to play, and now I have a list of primary songs to learn for next week.... Haha I'm very excited actually and I hope the kids will forgive a lot of wrong notes and awkward pauses :) I have decided though that sharing the Gospel through primary songs is about the best thing ever.  So simple but true - literally the essence of the Gospel.

We had lessons with Ruby and David this week which was great.  Both are such great individuals and we love them a ton.  David is about the most humble person I know, and he is so ready to hear the Gospel :) We really love him.  We sang a Child's Prayer for him, and he really enjoyed it.  He sings songs to his 3 year old Daryel all the time and it's the cutest thing.  He also prayed the most sincere, heartfelt prayer I've ever heard! He hasn't been willing to pray as yet, so it was a HUGE tender mercy.  I literally felt like I was walking on clouds after.  You'd think it's such a small, inconsequential thing - a prayer - but it makes a world of difference.  It's so amazing to see people start to change and start to feel the spirit present in their lives.  I am so very very blessed to be an instrument in seeing that happen!

Yesterday we were in Asheboro trying to get in contact with Ana and Alejandro, but they weren't home which was a huge bummer.  But we saw a bunch of Hispanics sitting on a porch outside, so we walked over and started talking with them.  One had been baptized when he was 8 in Mexico, but he doesn't remember anything about the church because he immediately went inactive.  They were all drinking beer, and one of the ladies told us the best time to come say hello was Saturday mornings when they were all sober..... I laughed pretty hard to say the least ;) They weren't really drunk yet, which was good, and they all accepted Article of Faith cards and one of them (the wife of the "member") asked for a "Mormon Bible."  The others were all actually really curious (could've been the beer), but we gave them one and they legitimately wanted us to come back next week! haha I love North Carolina :)

Also, yesterday at church was amazing! Oh man! We had two less active/inactive families show up, and they both brought non-member friends!! Haha I love that!! Pasa milagros! It was AWESOME! I about died of happiness.  Not to mention the members who brought people as well... So this week our teaching pool could potentially double :) Mi corazon.... I love it.  Sundays have been pretty disappointing in the past, but yesterday I couldn't stop smiling.  Heavenly Father is so good and blesses me with more than I can ever deserve! Sometimes it's actually super overwhelming.  

Thanks so much for your support and help! Y'all are the greatest and I love y'all so much! I hope y'all have a very blessed week :)

....and loving it!
Hermana Belliston

It looks like the cloud is casting a shadow on the sky.... Nothin' Could Be Finer!!

As always, making sure our less actives feel loved ;)