Hola Y'all,
Life here in Piedmont is rollin.' Not much to say but I'll try to make it interesting ;) I have a couple of really interesting stories though, so be prepared ;)
We met a lady named Consuelo on Tuesday. She is AWESOME. Super not Hispano though her name is. She had a great Southern drawl and she talked to us for close to an hour.... whoops. Anyway, she's got 11 kids (2 sets of twins and a triplet as well). She talked to us about the perilous times we live in and how "beautiful babies" like us need to be careful. Ooohhh that drawl is beautiful ;) She told us to love and respect our parents and to call them up every night and tell them "mama, I sure love ya 'n respet ya. Thanks for all ya do for me." So there you go, to all the mom's out there from Consuelo to you ;) It was great.
On Tuesday night we had dinner with the Vazques familia, and I saw first hand the wrath of a Latina madre. Que wow. One of Hermana Vazques's daughters was asking if she could go out on Friday and Hermana Vazques hit the table with a spoon and went off in a streak of Spanish. I jumped, and Hermana Powell was dying trying not to laugh. It was pretty hilarious because their bark is SO much worse than their bite.
We were in our office on Thursday morning, and as we were leaving I saw this nice black lady sitting in a rocking chair. I said "ma'am I sure love your hair!" and she responded with "Praise God!!" It surprised me, but then I asked her if she wanted a picture of Jesus and she nodded and said "Hallelujah." Have I mentioned I love the South?
So, for the past couple of weeks things have been really really slow. We haven't taught many lessons and we haven't seen very many people. I get SO frustrated when we don't have lessons because that is why I'm here! One day we decided to try Karla, a lady who had never been home because she works two jobs. Well, she finally opened the door, invited us in, and we taught her the first discussion! She agreed to basically everything we said and said if we needed anything, to call her and let her know. She works a TON so we're not sure when we'll be able to get back with her, but that was a miracle for us! Not to mention the next day, we felt prompted to go to Thomasville and Lextington, both of which are bien lejo. Anyway, we got down there and taught two other lessons! Folks, I haven't taught a lesson in weeks and I taught three in two days! Que wow. Can I get a hallelujah?! When we listen to what the Lord has to say to us, He will guide us. It's that simple.
Remember David? Well, since we had our lessons with him about Baptism, he hasn't texted, called, or answered his door. We were basically frantic this whole week trying to get ahold of him. Finally, yesterday he sent us a little text that started with "Mis queridas hermanitas..." My dear sisters! then he went on to explain that he'd been working a lot that week and had just been too busy. HUGE weight lifted off our shoulders and we have plans to visit him again this week :) Also, at church yesterday Irma Giron (inactive for 14 years with a nonmember spouse and children) came to church along with the inactive/nonmember family Sanchez!!! Along with Hermano Verduzco. I felt so blessed. Sunday's have always been a struggle because no one will come to church! But yesterday it was great and everything worked out so well :)
Anyway, hope you know how much I love y'all :) Things really do always work out. Weird.
... and loving it :)
Hermana Belliston
Doesn't happen very often, but we ran into the Burlington sisters while we were out in the rain one day. Super duper fun and they're great. The blond one (Sister Smith) came out the same time as me.
I don't know what the deal is with this, but in Lexington there are pigs all over the place with Cardinals on them.... kinda wack but a super cute little town.
We were taking pictures for Facebook in Lexington, and this is one that I liked :) if you have any brilliant ideas for a caption, let me know ;)
And last but not least, El Libro de Mormon. I can't begin to tell you how much I love this book. It has a power beyond any book on the Earth, folks. Read it and love it and you're life will be so much more full of the Spirit.



