Monday, April 22, 2019

Well, Hey There

Hola hola y'all!

How is it happening over there? Not a ton happened this week, but it was nevertheless a good one.  We had two exchanges which was awesome and I loved it.  I went with Sister Hoffman to YSA for a day, then stayed here with Sister French for a day.  They are both super great sisters and it was fun to get to know them both.
Sister Hoffman and me - Sister Hoffman is actually a Salt Lake City missionary, 
just serving in our mission for 2 transfers.  They do something called Outbound
which is where the sisters get to serve outside Salt Lake and get a real mission experience. 

We got transfer news yesterday, and nothing is happening to Sister Dibble and I.  This is my fifth transfer here in Charlotte, and Sister Dibble is moving into her seventh :) Bless her soul.  We've decided we'll just be companions until the end of my mission.  There are quite a few changes in our zone, so we're excited to get to know different sisters and have a little bit of a different feel in our zone.

Story Time: so Sister French and I were knocking my favorite apartment complex (Dunlavin Way) and we knocked on this door.  A younger guy opened, and we told him who we were.  He got sooo excited.  "I know you! I took lessons from the Elders in Honduras and my family and I went to church! How do I get back in contact??" It was awesome.  And now we're teaching him.  In that same complex, we saw a dad playing with his son outside.  We went to talk with him, and after awhile I handed him a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and told him it would help his family.  He looked so happy and took it gratefully, and began to tell me that all his family has been falling apart and he just wants to find peace.  Well, sir, there ya go.  We hope to begin teaching him soon.  THEN we had a lesson with Darwin.  He is awesome.  Our ward mission leader was there which was awesome, and he helped share a lot of great experiences which really brought the spirit.  Overall it was an awesome day.... until the whole entire zone called us.  So here's the story.  we had so many lessons and talked with so many people that we really didn't have time to mess with the phone all day long.  So we didn't.  But then when we got home finally after all our lessons, the Mattsons (the older couple serving in our ward) told us they'd called everyone in the zone, telling them we'd been kidnapped and were dead..... so that was a disaster.  But also a good laugh.  After that, Sister French and I decided to do facemasks, which was awesome.

Sister French and I....after a very long day ;)

Anyway, the rest of the week went well.  Not too many exciting things to report.  The work is really excelling in our area.  It takes awhile to gain Hispanics' trust, but once you have it, it never leaves, which is a huge blessing.

So this is a sign for a church.  I have no idea what it means.  
Something about Christianity maybe?.... we're still not sure.

I was reading all the different accounts of the Easter story on Sunday, and decided to read a little past in John, about the Apostles on the way to Emmaus.  I always think, wow, that's lame.  They spent SO much time together, and they learned from Him, but they didn't recognize Him.... I just kept thinking how weird it was.  Then I thought, well Sister Belliston, Christ has walked with you your whole life.... do you recognize Him all the time? So now, that's my challenge to you! I hope y'all can recognize Christ in your life.  He walks with us everyday, helping us out much more than we realize.  I love y'all so much.  I'm grateful for this Easter season, that we can reflect especially on what Christ did for us.  I love Him and know He lives.

I hope y'all have a wonderful week!
....and loving it
Hermana Belliston