Sunday, April 14, 2019

Brandy


Hey Y'all,

This week went by SO fast.  It was nuts.  I went on exchanges with Sister Skousen, a Sister Training Leader Assistant.  She's a Sister AP.  It was really fun and I learned a ton from her.  The very next day I went on exchanges with Sister Fessler. She's super great and it was fun to just be with her, getting to know her a little better.  I forgot to take pictures on both exchanges so sorry....

The rest of the week is kind of a blur.... but let me tell you about the funniest day ever.  So, we were down finding in South Carolina.  One of our referrals didn't have an apartment number, so we decided to call the missionaries that referred her over.  We gave them a call, and they said "Oh, well are you here now?" and we said yes.  3 seconds later, Elder Higgins comes pelting full speed around the corner, tie flapping. They just got out of a Bible bash with someone a few apartments over and they were very excited to show us where this referral lived.  It was just so great to see them so excited to help us find our people. Oh, p.s., the woman they referred us to came out and told us that she was Catholic and had no interest in what we were saying.

After that, we put in another referral to go see.  After about 20 minutes, we drove into this VERY nice neighborhood.  This was different.  We were really excited to see what kind of Hispanic lived in such a nice place! We were driving along, and we turned the corner.  Ahead we saw a Chevy Malibou, and it had a little box in the corner.... hmmm... definitely missionaries.  We waved as we got closer, thinking it just a coincidence.  Then we looked at our address, and saw that it was the address to a very nice house the missionaries were parked outside of.  And, low and behold, Sister Adler, standing on the porch.  Our referral's address was the address to our mission president's home!  We were SO confused, but we just died laughing.

So we drove away, going to see yet another referral.  We drove past his house... and it was actually a candy shop.... but we were hungry so decided to go check it out.  We parked in another parking lot, then started walking.  On our way over, a really drunk woman yelled at us, telling us we were beautiful.  When we got to the candy shop, we discovered it was closed.  Everything was just so weird.  We walked back to the car, and the drunk lady started walking towards us.  She introduced herself as Brandy and kissed our hands, assuring us she wasn't gay but was just being chivalrous.  She was SO drunk.  She asked us about "Jesus Cristos" and wondered what was wrong with Methodists.  It was so random and weird but Sister Dibble and I just laughed and laughed.  What a random day.

Well, it didn't really stop there.  We had ward coordination that night, and our whole ward council started arguing, trying to tell us how to do missionary work in the best way.  Sister Dibble and I were just so tired and done that we had to laugh.  What a day.

That was basically all week.  Super random things like that all the time.

And then there was conference.  It was so great.  We played soccer before the first session, and it was the most epic game of soccer I've ever played in my life.  Wow, it was amazing.  We had two huge Hondurans play against each other and it was intense.  I played goalie and, believe it or not, did pretty well ;) It was great.  Anyway, then we watched conference.  Everything was so good.  I loved how many of the talks focused on families and how to strengthen them and help us against attacks from the adversary.  I think the talk that stood out to me was by Elder McKay.  He spoke about the Immediate Goodness of God and I loved it.  It's incredible how much enlightenment we can get from General Conference.

I love being a missionary! It sure has it's ups and downs, but usually there are a lot more ups than downs if you look at it right.

I sure love Y'all!

...and loving it
Hermana Belliston