Hola Y'all,
This week was pretty good! Not a lot to report though.
To start off the week, we found three people on Monday night, which we were super excited about, and we had return appointments with all of them the following day, Tuesday! On Tuesday, we went to their houses and none of them were there.... Rats. BUT we found another family who was SO nice and let us in and told us to sit and have some pineapple juice and visit! They were super nice and also told us to come back again, which we did and they let us in again! The Lord works in mysterious ways, folks. Always letting us feel like we failed, but then He makes us feel on top of the world right after that! It's great!
We went and visited my favorite person in the world this week, Celia Santiago. She's 94 and AMAZING. She lives in a rest home in Burlington which is about an hour away, but we love visiting with her and singing hymns for her. This week we sang Jesus Es Mi Luz (my all time favorite) and she loved it. After we sang for her, she bore her testimony in her beautiful accent (she's from Uruguay). It was really special for me to be able to pick out some of what she was saying and know that it was true. This week I've been reminded at how easy it is to love Heavenly Father's children. He has let me feel a portion of His love for them and I am SO grateful for that. It really is amazing.
This is Celia Santiago from Uruguay - she is an angel
We had exchanges on Friday and Saturday and it was awesome!!! I was with Sister Jessop who has been out about a year. She is phenomenal and I learned SO much from her. We helped move a gal named Jen which was SUPER nasty. Jen's roommate has two or three cats so there were hairballs everywhere and it stank to high heaven, but it was a good time and I basically laughed for three hours straight. We then went into downtown Greensboro which was really fun and it reminded me of downtown Logan a little bit :) Very fun. We talked to a street musician and he was so great. He talked about how all he wanted was one, unified church. We were able to explain a little about our religion and he seemed very interested. I hope they get to work with him and help answer some of his questions!
Exchanges with Sister Jessop. Helping Jen move her HUGE couch down
three flights of stairs was well.... sketchy!
This is Anita! She is the cutest thing ever. She is always correcting my Spanish
which makes me laugh and also feel super duper dumb ;)
Okay, so Saturday. We found DAVID! He is AMAZING. I love him and his two sons so much. He knew a little bit about Joseph Smith and a little about the Word of Wisdom and things like that, but the whole time we taught the restoration, he just sat and listened intently. His 16 year old son had about 3000 questions, which we tried to answer without taking away from the spirit. They asked about women and the priesthood which was a little difficult to teach in Spanish, but they seemed to understand when I explained it. Definitely the Sprit :) Anyway, we asked him to come to church and to read the Book of Mormon. He took the Book of Mormon and said he'd read it and come to church. And you know what?? He came to church! Crazy! I was so overjoyed. Most of the time the people we're teaching say they'll come but they never do so that blows, but he came with Book of Mormon in hand! If I didn't know he was investigating the church, I would for sure think he was already a member. So he is definitely a blessing and a miracle!
Another NC Sunset - they just keep getting better!
These signs are ALL over the place and I love them! There's also one that says Gracias Jesus which makes me super happy :) Mostly it's just a warning that you don't talk to the people with those signs though...
Well, I love y'all so much! Life here is AMAZING. We had my first real, big thunderstorm yesterday which was a blast. The power was out in our complex for about three hours, so we pulled our mattresses into the livingroom by the windows so we could watch the lightning and hear the rain. It was SO fun. You've never seen rain until you've seen a NC thunderstorm! It's beautiful.
This was right before our big thunderstorm.
Anyway, I hope y'all have a great week! life here is so great, and missionary work is the best! I absolutely love being a missionary, even with all the ups and downs and all over the place things :)
Things always work out, folks.
...And loving it :)
Hermana Belliston





